As temperatures begin to drop significantly, you’ll find that your Fredericksburg home’s HVAC system is starting to show its age. You may notice your heater cannot keep up with the demand, for instance. Thankfully, you can avoid any long-term issues from your heating system with a few tips from the experts:
- Routine Maintenance – Ensure you have regular maintenance appointments for your HVAC system.
- Optimal Temperatures – An HVAC system should be set at an optimal temperature year-round – both for efficiency reasons and for the lifespan of your system.
- Seal Drafts – Even the smallest draft in your attic can lead to increased HVAC system use. Any heated air is going to escape while cold air is allowed inside. As such, the system will work overtime.
- Insulation – In the attic and basement, you need proper insulation. Inadequate insulation will lead to heat loss from the HVAC system. Consult an expert to ensure you have the right amount of insulation.
- Air Filters – Once per month, swap out the air filter on your HVAC system. You’ll save money, increase efficiency, and extend the lifespan of your system.