Is Your Air Conditioner Not Working? Here’s What to Do
Having a properly functioning air conditioner is an important part of living comfortably and safely during the hot summer months. If your air conditioner not working is causing discomfort and concern for you and your family, please visit the best in Fredericksburg HVAC services at Robert B. Payne, Inc. Our knowledgeable staff and years of experience will get your HVAC system up and running in no time.
Common Air Conditioning Problems
Your air conditioner not working could be the result of several different problems. However, you can alleviate many of these issues by having our professional team members perform yearly inspections and maintenance on your air conditioning system. Our experienced staff can even provide you with helpful tips and advice to keep your air conditioner running smoothly in the future.
Some of the most common reasons that air conditioners stop working include:
- Frozen inside coil – this can be caused by low refrigerant, blocked air ducts, or dirty air filters
- Outside fan dysfunction – this can cause an improper heat transfer and damage to the air compressor
- Outside unit dysfunction – this can be caused by a lack of power to the unit, poor installation, or a bad thermostat
- Bad wiring – this can cause fires, problems with the circuit breaker, or difficulty in transferring power to the unit
- Low refrigerant – this chemical called Freon cools the air inside the unit. A low level of it may be because of a leak or malfunctioning refrigerant system
Call Us Today
If your air conditioner not working is bringing you trouble and worry, please do not hesitate to contact Robert B. Payne, Inc. for all your HVAC services. We can be reached by calling 540-373-5876. Our dedicated team will help you find the answers you need to get your air conditioning unit back to work and your family back to cool comfort.