Dealing with air conditioning problems during the summer is more than a minor inconvenience. Broken systems and repairs can be expensive to deal with, and while your AC is out, your family will be uncomfortable in the Virginia heat.
To prevent emergencies with your AC system, here’s a few steps you can take:
- Keep the unit clean and clear of debris that obstructs your air flow.
- Change out or clean your indoor air filters on a frequent basis (every few months).
- Perform monthly checks on the equipment so you immediately notice when something seems wrong.
- Monitor the accuracy of your thermostat so you know your system is running correctly.
If the worst happens and something does go wrong with your AC, respond by:
- Shutting down the system to avoid further damage and wasted money.
- Locating the serial and model numbers of your unit, so you can find a company that works with that specific kind of air conditioner.
- Calling to schedule an emergency inspection and repair with a trustworthy company like Robert B. Payne, Inc..
While you wait for an emergency HVAC company to respond to your problem, try to stay cool by keeping the blinds and curtains closed. This will block hot sunlight and lower the inside temperature by a couple of degrees. You can also turn on ceiling and floor fans to keep the house from feeling stuffy.
In need of emergency AC repairs? If you live near Fredericksburg, the best thing you can do is call Robert B. Payne Inc. They provide high-quality, fast emergency services to homes and businesses throughout the area. Their employees are dedicated to making sure you receive affordable, reliable care quickly and professionally.